NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS

NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS
0201114068/0249774457

Wednesday 18 June 2014

MY DAD'S FATHERS DAY MESSAGE TO ME ON THE 15th of JUNE, 2014

This is what my dad had to say, 'You are about to begin the journey of life as you step out of the university into the world, let this piece guide you through the life ahead'. Your

independence from this nuclear family started the very day you gained admission into the Akwamuman Senior High school, I thought to myself am gradually losing the boy in the man I brought up, that one whom in some years

past, will never set foot in school until he has taken the residues of my breakfast and will never go to bed until he has seen me return

from work. At this moment memories of my late grandma came to mind as I recounted one particular night she had to carry me at her back for a stroll in order to get me some fruits because I refused to take supper till I saw my dad l return from his normal survey-bush routine. Well I guess I have no other option than to begin to accept this reality glaring at me in the face. Now, listen carefully.

Note that you can never be accepted by everyone anywhere you go so ?DON?T ATTEMPT TO PLEASE EVERYBODY BECAUSE YOU WILL END UP PLEASING NONE?, instead strive to please no other than yourself. Guard your life with values that hold your integrity in high esteem and be prepared to defend and protect these values come what may. Let the people your meet in life know ?What you stand for?, the truth is you will make temporal enemies for yourself, never give up, maintain the consistency and I tell you these same enemies will become friends for life; they will place a very high premium on the value of the friendship with you.

Have respect but fear not any man but the Almighty God because He is the only one who has the power to make and unmake you. Be bold and courageous at all times to condemn all manner of wrong doings and defend your convictions even at the gun point. Strive to at all times speak nothing but the TRUTH,

because it will NEVER CHANGE and is easier to always make REFERENCE to, without having to subject your mind to RIGOROUS playbacks to retrieve earlier CLAIMS made as in the case of TELLING LIES, it is difficult decision to make. Be bold and prepared to FACE or PAY the PRICE for the TRUTH, this is INTEGRITY.

You need to start planning your future on your own, remember I was only used by my Maker as a conduit for you to come to this world,

therefore note that your success in life cannot be dependent on me. 'I can never guarantee you success', he added. He likened the story of LIFE to that of planting a seed. If you regularly water, prune, apply the right dosage of fertilizer, implement the necessary pest, weeds or insect control methods etc, your plant will be able to withstand the challenges that come its way and in the end grow into plants producing significant yields for your consumption. Note, ?LIFE IS AS YOU LIVE IT?

Most important of all these is the GOD factor, always remember that your temporal stay on this earth is for a purpose, don?t you ever

forget the Almighty Father in all you do, seek Him day and night, morning and evening, because He only knows the PURPOSE for your life. 
ALWAYS REMEMBER 'YOU ARE NOTHING WITHOUT GOD'.

By: Kwame Asare - Antwi

Immediate Past SRC Vice President,

University of Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment