NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS

NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS
0201114068/0249774457

Tuesday 29 July 2014

NUGS DEMONSTRATION MY TAKE: PROSPER DZITSE

PROSPER DZITSE (MD)

I am always saddened by developments of this nature.

Disunity brings frustration not only to the leaders but the people who look up to the leaders to stand for them in times like this.

I have been following events in relation to the NUGS/GNUPS demonstration and I must say I am not the least happy with what is happening especially in relation to the stance of some bloc heads and the way and manner some people are treating the issue.

This is National Union of Ghana Students and I think that it is a disgrace for things to be going this way.
I personally don't believe in demonstrations, and I don't think anybody has delight in demonstrating on the streets but demonstrations are not bad if they are the only means by which our voices could be heard.
Even as many are advocating for demonstration and others are against it, I think that we must all do well not to lose focus of the fact that when all is said and done only our conscience shall be left with us.
Whatever is it that we are doing, the underlying factor as student leaders should be our constituents(the students).
They are those who gave us the platform to be where we are today, we must not at anytime sacrifice their franchise for any personal interest.
We may all have political affinity but that is not what matters to me now, what matters to me is for us to hold dear to our hearts what we have all vowed to do for our people.
I am not by this saying that I support the demonstration or not but am saying that, let's be mindful of our actions regardless of which political party we pay homage to , let's be mindful of our actions regardless of the people who we may owe certain favours.
In simple terms the spirit of the constitution which is the highest law that regulate us as a Union must be upheld.

That is what the PROSPERous agenda is all about, all of us our interest regardless of where we stand, come to think of it, in this country we don't have PPP students, GCPP, NPP, NDC or CPP students. What we have is Ghanaian students. When things are good is for all of us and when things are worse is for all of us.
In putting myself up to lead the students of our noble country, I keep on asking myself if there have ever been a situation whereby one government will make a policy that is strategically targeted at one group of students who belong to its political party or the opponent. There answer is indeed obvious.
The PROSPERous agenda is about pursuing the interest of the 'ordinary' Ghanaian student who in one way or the other might heard or not heard of NUGS.
It is about providing a leadership that everyone can identify him or herself with regardless of the political affinity.

Let's wake up and make it happen. 
I am Prosper Dzitse, and I am for the progress of NUGS, I am of independent mind.
I have shown that in the past and I will continue to do that all in the service of humanity, before politics there is humanity, and before our political affinities, we have Ghana.

Good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment