NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS

NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS
0201114068/0249774457

Tuesday 29 July 2014

KNUST ELECTS FIRST FEMALE LOCAL NUGS PRESIDENT: EVELYN MUTINTA DUBAKUOR SAPOR,

EVELYN MUTINTA DUBAKUOR SAPOR,
After a long road, the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology has elected it's first lady NUGS President. below is her full acceptance speech on her assumption of office as Local NUGS President.

---ACCEPTANCE SPEECH DELIVERED BY EVELYN MUTINTA DUBAKUOR SAPOR, ON THE OCCASION OF HER SWEARING-IN AND HANDING OVER---


Our gathering here today is because of a dream. My dream for coming to KNUST has come true. It has been realised not because I have won as the local NUGS president, KNUST, but because another opportunity has been given to make an impact.

I am more humbled by the opportunity to speak with you as members of a strong union, mindful of the herculean challenges that stare us, yet hopeful of the brighter future such services in the challenges could be of to the many students in KNUST.

KNUST is one of the few universities that give opportunity to people irrespective of their gender, ethinicity, physique but rather proof of their ability to deliver on promise.
I trust such opportunities will be realised in the National NUGS too. 

As I stand before u gallant members of KNUST, deep within me, I am filled with joy, great joy, that only those who are part can understand.
I am not only a part of history. I am history.
I am history because of the trust you have placed in me.
The faith you have had in a lady like me to direct the affairs of the National Union of Ghana Students in KNUST. 
That is the history I am taking about.

I thank you all for the support.
I thank you all for your  faith and belief in Commissioning a smart woman not just because I possess female qualities but because I am capable. Capable of leading the student front.

I thank Master Imoro Zayan and Master Nii Darko for the hot intellectual chase and challenge you gave me. It really kept me on my toes. It kept me moving and working harder than before. 

To the outgoing administration, I wish you success in whatever thing you envision. 
One thing I have learnt about politics is there is always friendship before politics.
I know this victory will strengthen our friendship more than before.
My doors are always open to your ideas and advice. 

The Worlanyo led administration sacrificed a lot to build a possible route for a capable lady to be elected. 

I thank our noble parliamentarians for your support, for fairly representing the views of your constituents.
The dream to revamp the KNUST NUGS is about to start and with you as the vehicle we will surely get there. 
The days where NUGS was very vibrant and beneficial to its society is back again. KNUST NUGS will pay its dues to its communities.

Lastly I cant forget saying a big thank you to my team. With great men and women like you the victory was made.
It was tough and muddy but you stood by me. You left your all in all to be by me. Your encouragement has seen us this victory.

It is a win, not for Evelyn Mutinta, but for your great effort and for KNUST.

God bless KNUST
God bless NUGS
God bless student activism in Ghana

Thank you all and God bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment