NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS

NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS
0201114068/0249774457

Monday 15 September 2014

SECURITY & FEEDING AT CONGRESS OPEN LETTER TO NUGS BY OSMAN AMADU


Dear NUGS,

I am sure by now you are very much aware of the issues from the USAG congress as some of the national officers from NUGS were there to witness it themselves. 
`

With just three days away from the congress, two of the key areas I would like to touch on are FOOD and SECURITY as we all gear up for the congress of all unions. 

FOOD

The food that was served at the USAG congress was sub standard. I pray we are not serve sub standard food at the NUGS congress too. 

Please for your information there are some students who are not meat or fish eaters for medical or religious reasons or simply because they want to live life as vegetarians (vegans as well). 

As a vegetarian (vegan) myself I thought I write to pre inform you about the food you will be serving delegates at the congress. 

I can only plead that when the food issue is being factored, please think of the people I have referred to in this letter and please don’t assume that we are all fish and meat eater. Some of us are vegetable eaters too.

SECURITY

I need not tell you that Methodist University was a WAR ZONE as students leaders were chased after with broken bottles and machetes right in the presence of Ghana Police and the private security firm responsible for security of the campus. From my experience, my safety is not guarantee in the hands of Ghana Police. Not even macho men should be hired. In my opinion I will advice you go for military personal to provide security for the congress. With them, I am very sure we will not have a repeat of Methodist University. 

Till then, I will see you all at congress grounds.

Yours in service,

...signed....

Osmanu Amadu.

No comments:

Post a Comment