NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS

NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS
0201114068/0249774457

Tuesday 2 September 2014

IDDI WRITES ON DECENT POLITICS (DP)

I want to use this opportune platform to once again reiterate my unflinching subscription to Descent Politics (DP) like never before. I am making a genuine commitment to ensuring that as always, I wholly associate myself with nothing but the RULES of the GAME whilst eschewing all forms of counterproductive tendencies and politicking such as contemptuous regard for opposing views, acts of mudslinging, casting of insinuations, vilification, character assassination and other forms of unsavoury enterprises.    

Politics and indeed student politics cannot be the end of the ROAD for any of us. Almighty ALLAH tells us that everything has its time. Nobody is in a position to know ALLAH's plans for him him/her post Congress. In everything we do, we should be guided by the collective interest of the ordinary Ghanaian student who continually suffer from acts of maladministration, suppression, injustices and the modern form of colonization from officialdom.

Posterity will never forgive us if we allow partisanship and pettiness to derail our efforts at ensuring that we emancipate our constituents (the teeming Ghanaian students) from this quagmire and accordingly bring back SMILE on their beautiful faces. That is the very least we can do for them if we want to be called leaders or to-be leaders.

I always ask myself, what will it profit a man (in this case, IDDI) to win as the NUGS general secretary only to superintend over a divided student front where UNITY is seen as a MIRAGE? Not even Obama can survive in the circumstance. I prefer to "lose" if that will be in the Supreme INTEREST of NUGS and for that matter Ghanaian students (though i hav my doubts).

On this note, I am humbly throwing an innocuous CHALLENGE to all of you to judge me and others by that yardstick and not to hesitate to retribute or punish all culprits.

IDDI Muhayu-deen is my name and I aspire to diligently serve you as the next NUGS General Secretary. I am the young chap behind the MOTTO: Restoring Confidence In Student Leadership Through Secretarial and Administrative Discipline.  THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment