NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS

NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS
0201114068/0249774457

Wednesday 12 August 2015

ON THE OCCASION OF INTERNATIONAL YOUTH DAY, WE NEED OUR NATIONAL YOUTH AUTHORITY (NYA) BOARD

OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT MAHAMA

c/o Kwasi Frimpong,
P. O. Box 72,
Ajumako. 
12/08/2015

The President of Ghana,
Flagstaff house,
Accra.

Dear Sir

ON THE OCCASION OF INTERNATIONAL YOUTH DAY, WE NEED OUR NATIONAL YOUTH AUTHORITY (NYA) BOARD

Good evening sir, actually this letter should have come a bit earlier but I hope you will pardon me. You know the situation now. Yaanom took my light so please forgive me.

Sir, today is 12th August 2015 and as a norm, Ghana joined all the other youth in the world to commemorate this day which marks THE INTERNATIONAL YOUTH DAY 
As a ?youth? president at age 57, you took time out of your busy schedule to interact with the youth of Ghana via Uniq FM which was broadcasted across the length and breadth of the country on all GBC regional FM stations. (GTV didn?t show it though, and yet they want me to pay TV license)
Other ?big? FM stations in the country also broadcasted it and I started listening to you on Citi FM before chaging my dial to your favorite radio station; Radio Gold.(I know you love listening to that station paa so I had to give you that honour today)

Mr. President, you spoke ostensibly about your plans for the youth of this country. I heard you speak about the NYEP which has undergone another naming ceremony to be called GYEEDA and I learnt it has metamorphosed again to become YEA. 
Sir, I hope this name will not change because most Ghanaian youth including you (Boosu Keena) and I (#SayItRight) love the YEA ?ankasa?.

You also talked about the Youth Enterprise Support (YES) Fund. 
But Sir, there is something you didn?t talk about and that is actually the reason why I am writing this letter to you. It?s about the re-constitution of the NATIONAL YOUTH AUTHORITY BOARD. 
Mr. President, I don?t blame you for not tackling that issue. I blame the host who because he is oblivious of this didn?t ask you about it. Sir, it?s the reason why I am writing this letter to you to draw your attention to it.


Mr. President, as you know, The National Youth Authority (NYA) which was established in 1974 by NRDC 241 is thus the Statutory Public Organization with the mandate to ensure the empowerment of the Ghanaian youth and it is under the Ministry for Youth & Sports.
Its main vision sir as you know (and I do not seek to school you on it) is to become a unique public sector youth development service delivery organization, responsive to the empowerment needs of the Ghanaian youth and ensuring their access to national development investment opportunities. 

Sir,  According to the National Youth Authority Act (241)1974 (NCDR), there is supposed to be a national youth board for which ?the Chairman, deputy Chairman, and other trustees other than the national coordinator shall be appointed in accordance with article 70 of the constitution" and for which their tenure shall be co-terminous with that of the President.

Sir, the last Board was dissolved after the 2012 election and a new one was to be formed which is yet to be formed after almost your three years in power. Indeed National Union Of Ghana Students is supposed to have a rep on the board, so we met to elect a young man named P. D. Otchil, a student of the University of Ghana, Accra City Campus, yet nothing has been done about it since you took over as president in January, 2013.

A fortnight ago sir, I raised this issue on the Joy FM Super Morning Show and the host of the show Nhyira Addo couldn?t help but to agree with me and even the more.

Sir, as we speak, because there is no board to check the activities of the NYA, the coordinator Mr. Ras Mubarak has become a 'god' of himself doing whatever he likes at the authority. 
As my respected president, I don't want the National Youth Policy you inaugurated at Elmina when you were Vice President (before God in his own wisdom made you premature president) to go waste. 

Sir, the last Board was dissolved after the 2012 election and a new one was to be formed which is yet to be formed after almost your three years in power. Indeed National Union Of Ghana Students is supposed to have a rep on the board, so we met to elect a young man named P. D. Orchill, a student of the University of Ghana, yet nothing has been done about it since you took over as president in January, 2013.

A fortnight ago sir, I raised this issue on the Joy FM Super Morning Show and the host of the show Nhyira Addo couldn't help but to agree with me and even the more.

Sir, as we speak, because there is no board to check the activities of the NYA, the coordinator Mr. Ras Mubarak has become a 'god' of himself doing whatever he likes at the authority. 

As my respected president, I don?t want the National Youth Policy you inaugurated at Elmina when you were Vice President (before ?God in his own wisdom made you premature president?) to go waste. 

I am therefore with this letter appealing to your high respected office to re-constitute the board before your one year left in office expires.

Hoping my request will be granted.
Thank you sir.

Your Loyal Student,
..........signed....................
Kwasi Frimpong 
(#SayItRight)
0201833775

No comments:

Post a Comment