NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS

NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS
0201114068/0249774457

Tuesday 14 April 2015

THE VISIBLE HANDS OF PRESIDENT MAHAMA IN SRC ELECTIONS



Nearly a month and a half ago, I received a surprise visit from two operatives of the BNI, both friends of mine. After our usual chit-chat, they asked for my objective opinion on the chances of candidate Mikdad Mohammed. I told them frankly and summarily what I thought of him and his chances. That, I thought, ended the matter.

On the 10th of April, 2015 at exactly 5.42 PM, I received another call from my BNI friend. He asked about the elections and the margin of victory between Fobi and Mikdad. He placed it on record that they had and were monitoring the elections, yet again, I gave my honest assessment of the entire election as briefly as I could.

I later confided in my good friend and brother Atick Yakubu. We simply laughed over the matter; to us, the BNI was probably as shocked as the sour loser Mikdad.

This morning, a day after the Mikdad Mohammed inspired frivolous and conspiratorial election petition was filed, Stephen Ato Forson, in a clear case of abuse of power, has been invited to the BNI Offices. And what does the Odikro think?

The Odikro says it is shameful and desperate that candidate Mikdad Mohammed who considers the position of SRC President to be his birthright would lobby the corridors of power and attempt to subvert the will of the students through acts of intimidation as we are seeing.

The Odikro says the events confirm how dishonest Mikdad was being when he claimed he was not receiving any partisan support. Further, it shows how dishonest he is as a person and how quickly he would bring the entire reputation of the school's electoral system - the same system that elected his boss Edem- just because he lost.

It would make us more grateful to God, to fate and to intelligence for the salvation we have received by not electing Mikdad Mohammed.

To those who think they can have their way through the backdoor to ascend to the Presidency, the Odikro says, they should keep dreaming.

Kofi Timtooni Opare Hagan

No comments:

Post a Comment