NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS

NATIONAL STUDENTS' AWARDS
0201114068/0249774457

Saturday 15 November 2014

REPORT BY P.D. ORCHILL, NUGS REP. TO THE NATIONAL YOUTH AUTHORITY BOARD TO THE FIRST CENTRAL COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE 2014/2015 NUGS YEAR, HELD ON THIS DAY SATURDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2014 AT THE KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI.

His Excellency the President of NUGS and National Executive, former National Executive present, Bloc Heads and Bloc Executives,  SRC and Local NUGS Executive, fellow students, members of the Diplomatic Corp,  Press, Ladies and Gentlemen. 

Two years ago the students of Ghana did me the honour of voting me as the Student Representative to the National Youth Authority Board and before I utter a word permit me to say a big thank you to all those who voted me and also to my Brother from another mother, my perfect complement Joshua Kpan who contended with me. I will forever remember the honor that Ghanaian students have done me.

Again permit me to Congratulate our noble president Prosper Dzitse and your colleague executive for a victory hard earned. Let me also say congratulations to those who contended with you and lost and more Grace for you to endure and enjoy your tenure as president of our Union and executive respectively. I say this in the light that those who did not imerge as winners have sweetly swerved the albatross of leadership that you shall contend with for the year, and one thing I've seen in NUGS is that you are happier the day you hand over than the day you are sworn in.

Fellow students, as I intimated earlier, I was elected in 2012, and it is sad to posit today thay I have still not been inducted to the board which I am supposed to serve and that the new NYA Board is still not constituted.

Coleagues, there has been several calls to the NYA and the Ministry for Youth and Sports but all have yielded no results that I know of except that I was asked to present my CV and introductory letter from NUGS to the Ministry in 2012; a letter that was written and signed by Miss Louisa Atta Agyemang (The then General Secretary)during the Andrews Djan led administration and in the last NUGS Year by the Former President Sammy Binfo Dakwa when the Ministry requested for another letter and CV after NUGS threatened to go on a demonstration. 

There has been several follow up calls but as it stands now there is little to be said as progress made.

This development I say is quiet unfortunate because it is adversely affecting not only NUGS but it means as per the law that establishes NYA that the voice of the youth in National decision making is not being duly considered. 

Mr. Chairman permit me to list some of the areas in which our country is suffering because of this quagmire of the board not constituted. 

1. The Royal Senche accord had no input from NUGS so far as am concerned nor any recognised  youth group and I believe that we as youth also have a lot to offer our country when such strategic decisions are being made.

2. Again I can say with adequate knowledge that NUGS was not consulted in the processes that led to the formation of the Youth Enterprenourship Support (YES) Fund which I believe we would have made very relevant and timely contributions to both the planning and implementation of the Fund.

3. Mr. Chairman I have no doubt that there is an ongoing process to get the implementation plan for the  National Youth Policy and yet again, we at NUGS,  major stakeholders as such, are oblivious of how it is being done.

Fellow students, I have resolved not to relent but to make available to the Union every skill I've acquired and so even though my Board membership is yet to see the light of day, I have served Two successive leaderships in a very diligent manner, most of the things I cannot choose to mention except your Excellency, in close door.

And I will be glad to serve this year's NUGS in any capacity should I be called to serve and from time to time I shall also bring on board what I believe must be done.

Again your Excellency,  I am now honoured to be pursuing a postgraduate study in Accounting, and research is part of what I do now, so my expertise have increased and in this era of global information technology, I am ready to help research into issues and make the stance of NUGS on issues research based.

Now to you all my dear students in the struggle, I urge you all to give your best to NUGS in the best way you can, being incorruptible and service oriented and the Lord will bless you beyond your imagination,  as He is blessing me now.

Long live the Prosperous Agenda
Long live NUGS
Long live Ghana.

Remember to say a prayer for NUGS every day and note that Jesus is Coming.

Thank you.


If you seek further and better particulars of my address, kindly reach me on 0201114068 or send a mail to nugstoday@gmail.com. You may also bring your articles and notices for publication on nugstoday.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment